The Development Assistant is a full-time (40 hours/week, Daytime (Monday to Friday), hours to be determined) position based in either New Orleans, Louisiana or Los Angeles, California. Occasional nights/weekends for select events may be required. If hired in New Orleans, most work to be completed in the Wild Fundraising Mid City office. If hired in Los Angeles, office arrangements to be determined with consideration to the location of the successful applicant.
Wild Fundraising is a boutique consulting firm specializing in development support for small and mid-sized nonprofit organizations. As such, the successful applicant will have a passion for grassroots and community causes, be a problem-solver, and will approach the position with a creative, entrepreneurial mindset. The successful applicant might not have extensive experience in the field, but will be willing to dedicate the time and energy to cultivate their knowledge of development, grant writing, research, and analysis. The Development Assistant will be enthusiastic to take direction, and possess the confidence to carry out projects with minimal supervision; the applicant must have excellent time management skills and be intent on taking advantage of professional development opportunities such as trainings, luncheons, and conferences as scheduling and budget permits.
1. DATA ENTRY
- Assistant is primary point person for updating, adding and maintaining donor, member and prospect constituent records in database (Donor Perfect).
- Filing all donation-related paperwork and maintaining organized filing systems electronically in Dropbox and Google Drive.
2. DONOR AND CLIENT RELATIONS
- Preparing and sending thank you notes to donors, partners, and supporters.
- Conducting funder follow up by phone and email.
- Tracking and reporting contributions as instructed.
- Attending client and Board meetings with and/or representing the Director as instructed.
- Attending client and 3rd party events as required.
3. BUDGET TRACKING and CHECK Processing.
- Create, route and file accounts payable check requests in Bill.com.
- Assist director and project staff with budgeting and related paperwork.
- Check deposits when necessary.
4. DATABASE MAINTENANCE
Perform database maintenance and cleanup projects to improve data integrity and database performance. Perform mail merges and assist with solicitation and other department mailings on behalf of Wild Fundraising or clients as instructed.
5. PIPELINE MAINTENANCE
- Update donor pipelines for each client, ensuring accuracy and keeping track of upcoming deadlines.
- Reaching out to funders to follow up on pending requests.
6. COMBINED FEDERAL CAMPAIGN
- Coordinating CFC campaigns, including annual applications, fee payments, fair notification, etc. for each client participating in CFC.
7. GENERAL CLERICAL AND RESEARCH SUPPORT
- Assist with general clerical support for the department and agency as assigned by Director.
8. ONLINE CONTENT GENERATION
- In accordance with content calendars, research for and write blogs and other online content as assigned.
Possible performance measures
- Success in maintaining accuracy of database records.
- Accuracy of fundraising reports.
- Success in maintaining electronic donor files.
- Increase in donor and client engagement, translating into an increase in overall revenue of Wild Fundraising.
Preparation and Knowledge
- Associate's or bachelor's degree in a related field.
- A minimum of two years' experience in an administrative position, preferably in a not-for-profit development office.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Basic quantitative/analysis skills.
- Database management experience – Donor Perfect and/or Etapestry preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Confidence and composure to make phone calls and to attend meetings on behalf of Wild Fundraising and clients.
- Possess transportation or the ability to (Uber/Lyft/public transit, etc.) arrive at work locations and events as discussed.
- Be considerate of small children. The office in New Orleans is equipped for professional work and for a toddler, who is often present onsite with a nanny.
- Ability to present identification, social security number, and banking information to payroll company once hired.
Hourly stipend for 60-day probation period. Once successfully completed, base pay plus performance-based compensation. The position encourages and rewards professional development and enthusiasm. No relocation expenses provided. Applicant should currently reside in the greater New Orleans, LA or Greater Los Angeles, CA region.
Equal opportunity employment
Wild Fundraising affirms that it is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take action to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Qualified candidates should forward resume and cover letter MERGED INTO ONE PDF to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Assistant” in subject line. Or mail to:
Wild Fundraising: Development Assistant
1001 South Broad Street Suite 206
New Orleans, LA 70125
Note: Submission materials must be merged into one PDF to be considered.